Thursday, February 1, 2007

Schechianu

  • Jerry made me dinner last night - salmon, potatoes, squash. Its the first time in a long time that a date has cooked for me.
  • My research team had to meet yesterday to fix a mistake that I made, but no one even pointed out that it was my mistake. My advisor even told me afterwards that I'm doing a good job.
  • I got new patio furniture, and it looks beautiful.
  • I got lattice put up on by back porch, which makes me more protected and looks great.
  • My thesis is coming along. I'm on page 70! Another week or two and I'll have a complete draft.
  • A friend who met with my mom regarding Grandma's estate sent me this in an email: "She was carrying your postcard in her pocket and was showing it off. I think it meant a lot to her. Just wanted to let you know!"

1 comment:

davidsaroff said...

I found your blog when searching for a spelling for schechianu. My schechianu: I'm a graduate student in astrophysics, in a PhD program. I just qualified, finished the coursework, and will relocate to the National Radio Astronomy Observatory to do my thesis designing and building electronics for radio telescopes. With much gratitude that I have been sustained and allowed to see this day... Congratulations on your thesis completion.