- The power came back on
- I have a lot of candles
- That I have my dog to keep me company
- That my committee is so positive about my work
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
- New blinds - and they're electric. So cool! I just press a button and these unreachable blinds open and close. I haven't made use of those windows the whole time I've been here. And now I sleep better because its darker in my bedroom.
- Taking time off to take care of myself - necessary because I've been sick, but its felt good to just lie around for a few days snuggling with my dog.
- Jerry's been taking care of me. It feels good.
- My sister called me to offer to share some of what my dad is giving her. She never shares; this was very oddly unselfish of her.
- Couldn't get out to get food? Well, Thai food delivered! Ah, it was expensive, but it'll feed me for days until I'm up to going to the grocery store again.
- Finally found some decent kosher pickles last week at Smart and Final. Ah good Jewish pickles, how I've missed you.
- I'm starting to feel better. What a relief! You never know how long you'll be sick when you get sick, and I'm glad that I'm finally starting to feel better. I actually think that the cold meds that Jerry brought me helped - even though my father would seriously not approve.
- I haven't spoken to my father much this week - and it feels good to have the space from him. I think I need this.
- My dog was SO sweet about me being sick - she would just deal with not having her normal walks and snuggled up to me constantly.