- Jerry's making me steak for dinner
- Gilmore Girls with friends over at my place last night
- My back porch is getting fixed up pretty nicely
- Not too much pressure in this in between time; I'm appreciating it!
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Sunday, February 25, 2007
- Being able to drink a beer without getting a migraine
- Sunday night study group and L-word
- Jerry makes pretty decent beer
- Getting over PTSD symptoms
- Meditation - even though I was late for the group, still feels good to just sit and meditate
- Beautiful hike today with Jerry and the dog
- Wonderful neighbors, had me over last night for wine and movie
Monday, February 19, 2007
Saturday, February 17, 2007
- The train - even though it took FOREVER, it was still very relaxing, especially at the beginning, with great views
- The weather has been FABULOUS and its snowing in KC :P
- The best lunch at D.Z. Atkins - - matzo ball soup and a brisket sandwich on pumpernickle
- Went to Bourbon Street club last night, and it was lesbian night - great atmosphere. I had a really good time there.
- I'm meeting a friend for brunch tomorrow, who I was worried I wouldn't get to see. She's really fabulous, and it'll be great to see her.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
I normally hate Valentine's Day, but last night was really nice, and I proved to myself that I can still cook. I cleared off my dining room table which was previously completely covered in books and research materials. I also had my decks refinished, and they look amazing.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Saturday, February 10, 2007
- Gail has been posting comments all over my blog, making me go back and look at what I posted and what process I've been taking in the last couple of months. This was an important reminder for me; thanks Gail.
- My sister and I spoke about Mom's situation and it was good to get some perspective with her and to know that I'm not the only one thinking about it.
- My home really is this very comfortable place for me, and this stuff I've been doing with my gardens makes all the difference!
- I may have woken up without another person in my bed, but I woke up refreshed and having had a good nights sleep!
Friday, February 9, 2007
- I can always count on there being services on Friday night, and I appreciate that I have friends to go with.
- Despite calls for rain, the weather's been gorgeous.
- Many opporutnities for the future, but not too many commitments - the world is at my finger tips.
- I slept last night with a lower dose of the sleep medication - so I'm on track to go off of it altogether by next month!
- Pedicures today with my friend, Jennifer.
Thursday, February 8, 2007
- Invite from friend to go to talk. Then, I got in when half the people behind me didn't.
- Companionship from Jerry. There's something great about waking up to someone next to you.
- Getting even farther on my thesis.
- My dog - so sweet and snuggly.
- No migraine in a month!
- The support group for adult children whose parents have Alzheimer's.
- Got a card from Mom today that her cousin helped her send. It was very sweet.
Monday, February 5, 2007
Saturday, February 3, 2007
- Sushi from this amazing sushi place with really fresh fish and interesting rolls.
- I finally got my whole "story" off my chest to Jerry. I don't know if he responded exactly as I would have liked, but I'm glad that its out there and not something secret I have to deal with.
- I fell asleep next to him and actually slept with no ptsd response.
- Stressless day to work on my thesis, which is coming along nicely.
- Having my own space with no roommates, except for my very obnoxious dog.
- Another massage and art therapy from that therapist/friend, who is just amazing. I really feel my body healing as things heal inside.
Thursday, February 1, 2007
- Jerry made me dinner last night - salmon, potatoes, squash. Its the first time in a long time that a date has cooked for me.
- My research team had to meet yesterday to fix a mistake that I made, but no one even pointed out that it was my mistake. My advisor even told me afterwards that I'm doing a good job.
- I got new patio furniture, and it looks beautiful.
- I got lattice put up on by back porch, which makes me more protected and looks great.
- My thesis is coming along. I'm on page 70! Another week or two and I'll have a complete draft.
- A friend who met with my mom regarding Grandma's estate sent me this in an email: "She was carrying your postcard in her pocket and was showing it off. I think it meant a lot to her. Just wanted to let you know!"